Greenfield citizens worried about issues surrounding shooting
Story by Shannon Taylor Senior Investigative Reporter
The press has received new details from a Greenfield alderman concerning the Greenfield city court incident that took place Oct. 17.
During city court, a Memphis man, Dallas Davis, was informed of a warrant for his arrest and took off running out of the courtroom. Davis was unarmed and was pursued by Assistant Police Chief Danny Smith, who witnesses stated, tripped and fell while chasing Davis and then proceeded to leave the court room and firing shots at the unarmed man as soon as he opened the court room doors, with no regard to nearby people or the departments use of force policy.
At the Nov. board meeting alderwoman Kelly Keylon asked Police Chief Joey Radford questions regarding the incident which ended up raising more questions and suspicions with residents when Radford was unable to provide direct answers to the investigation stating the reason for it taking so long was because he had been speaking with “professional people” listing City Attorney Beau Pemberton and District Attorney Colin Johnson as those people.
However, Pemberton said that it was actually several days after the incident happened when he was even notified and he wasn’t notified about it by Radford, but by Keylon. Johnson refused to go on the record with whether he had spoken with Radford or not.
On Dec. 3, Radford retired, giving two weeks’ notice, according to Keylon. Residents have sent numerous emails to the press stating that it seemed odd for him to retire when he was supposed to provide an update at the Dec. board meeting on the investigation. His retirement comes at a time when details surrounding the incident and investigation still remain unclear.
Keylon came forward with information regarding the last board meeting and told the press that before the Nov. board meeting started, Greenfield Mayor Cindy McAdams left a handwritten note for all aldermen stating that “If you have any questions concerning City Court, ask Joey after the meeting. Thanks.” The letter made it clear that McAdams did not want questions asked of Radford concerning the incident for the public to see and hear, however Keylon went forward with her questions anyway, disregarding McAdams’ letter.
When the press had previously reached out to McAdams concerning the city court incident, McAdams stated that she was on a cruise and out of the country during the time of the incident, however Keylon also brought it to the press’s attention that McAdams was in town when the incident happened and actually didn’t leave for her cruise until the Friday after the incident, four days after.
The press has reached out to McAdams again, via email, but has not received a response as of yet. This reporter has put on their agenda to ask those questions Dec. 13.
It seems that Smith would step up as Interim Police Chief, which residents have told the press seems odd considering they feel that he should be under investigation. If the investigation has not been completed yet by Radford, would that mean that Smith would sign off on his own investigation?
The press has not received confirmation on if Smith is currently being investigated or if he is the Interim Police Chief at this time. More details will be provided as we receive information. Citizens have told the press that the issues coming forward surrounding the incident all point to a “cover-up.”
This is a developing story.

A Disgrace
Each one of them should be Investigated an Held Acoountable
They are Not above the Law