UC council to meet
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 5:00 pm
The Messenger, June 17, 2013
The Union City city council will meet Thursday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a public hearing related to an ordinance to amend the appropriations ordinance for the City of Union City for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012, and ending June 30, 2013.
A regular monthly meeting will follow. This is a change of meeting date from the usual third Tuesday of the month meeting because some council members could not be present.
Items on the agenda include:
• consideration of a request from Head Start for a gym roof replacement at 1015 East College St.;
• an ordinance to amend the appropriations ordinance for the City of Union City for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012, and ending June 30, 2013;
• a request for a special meeting June 27 for a second and final reading of Ordinance 134-13;
• consideration of authorization to auction surplus vehicles;
• consideration of a request from ATA for auditing services;
• consideration of a request to purchase a used pick-up truck (Union City Fire Department);
• board appointments;
• miscellaneous items and bills.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.