|County Commission holds regular meeting |
|Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:00 pm |
By BRAD GASKINS
DRESDEN — The Weakley County Commission met Monday for its regular meeting at the courthouse.
During the meeting, the commission:
• Appointed Doris Owen of Gleason to serve on the Ned R. McWherter Weakley County Library Board of Directors. Re-appointed to the board were Bettye Legons of Greenfield, Shirley Alexander of Dresden and Nelda Rachels of Palmersville. The three-year terms end June 20, 2016.
• Adopted Resolution 2013-32, a resolution authorizing budget amendments to the Weakley County General Fund to accommodate a $4,999 highway safety grant to the sheriff’s department.
• Adopted Resolution 2013-30, a resolution to amend the general fund to accommodate funds received from the Modern Woodman to the Sharon Senior Center to purchase supplies.
• Adopted resolution 2013-29, a resolution authorizing the submission of an application for a liter and trash collecting grant from the Tennessee Department of Transportation and authorizing the acceptance of the grant to the Weakley County Highway Fund for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014.
• Adopted Resolution 2013-31, a resolution amending the general fund to accommodate for the purchase of data processing equipment for the Weakley County Clerk’s office.
• Adopted resolution 2013-33, a resolution authorizing employer participation in the TCRS to change from its existing regular defined benefit to the hybrid plan effective July 1, 2013.
Published in The WCP 5.21.13