Obion County Central students recognized for achievements
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:00 pm
The Messenger 05.15.13
Obion County Central High School recently held its annual honors reception to recognize students who have excelled academically throughout the school year.
The Top 10 students in each class were honored, including:
• Seniors — Mitch Arnett, Rebecca Bloodworth, Lindsay Castellaw, Brady Chandler, Nancy Davis, Kayla Ford, Rebecca Lund, Billie Preuett, Allison Ward and Allison Wicker.
• Juniors — Ashley Brooks, Courtney Carroll, Erin Chappell, Amber Cunningham, Korben Hagan, Calli Johnson, Darcy Jones, Kaycee Mathenia, Diana Ramos and Laina Roberson.
• Sophomores — Kaleb Byars, Tatum Cary, Rachel Jones, Whittney Lee, Amanda Lund, Luz Morales, Tia Parks, Stella Preuett, Rebecca Robb and Abigail Simmons.
• Freshmen — Parker Albright, Kiernan Coursey, Samantha Davis, Daniel Finch, Lucian Freeze, Haley Horner, Logan Jackson, Kathryn Kerr, Anna Puckett and Courtney Stewart.
Academic Decathlon team members received several honors throughout the year and were recognized for their achievements at the program (see related story and photo, Page 7).
Team members included:
• Honor Team — Caddie Klutts, Kindy Hood and Brady Baird;
• Scholastic Team — Mikala Brandon, Ashton Priest and Buddy Tackett;
• Varsity Team — Trevor Mayhall, Trice Mayhall and Daulton Parish;
• Alternates — Mason Edwards and Kayla Bell.
Challenge Graduates who were recognized included Erika Alonso, Mitch Arnett, Rebecca Bloodworth, Savanna Brown, Lindsay Castellaw, Brady Chandler, Michaela Cochran, Mallori Conley, Nancy Davis, Mary Helen Driver, Kayla Ford, Morgan Grisham, Marissa Howard, Kelsey Johnson, Rebecca Lund, Hannah Beasley, Will Bright, Whisper Gardiner, Ashley Litchford, Ali McEwen, Natalie Noles, Blake Powers, Thomas Smith, Mason Warren, Wesley White, Trent Mann, Andrea Martin, Billie Preuett, Jackson Smith, Allison Ward, Allison Wicker, Hannah Woodruff, Maitland Wright, Ashley Yates and Tori York.
Tennessee Scholars receiving recognition were Erika Alonso, Mitch Arnett, Taylor Baker, Hannah Beasley, Jake Bell, Jake Blakely, Rebecca Bloodworth, Caleb Bloxom, Abby Bolding, Baylie Boucher, Kayla Bramlett, Will Bright, Mathew Brooks, Savanna Brown, Lindsay Castellaw, Brady Chandler, Sabrina Clutter, Michaela Cochran, Tyler Cole, Mallori Conley, Courtney Craddock, Nancy Davis, Kelsey Dial, Mary Helen Driver, Joshua Dyer, Josh Eaves, Kayla Ford, Whisper Gardiner, Morgan Grisham, Dallas Gurley, Drew Hayes, Mason Hoffman, Marissa Howard, Brooke Jennings, Kelsey Johnson, Michael Klein, Kimberly Klein, Riley Laster, Danielle Leggett, Dakota Lewis, Shaw Logan, Rebecca Lund, Trent Mann, Andrea Martin, Ali McEwen, Ian Miller, Natalie Noles, Kallan Parker, Andrea Pickard, Hope Powell, Blake Powers, Billie Preuett, Hunter Short, Jackson Smith, Thomas Smith, Katie Speed, Zach Tucker, Allison Ward, Mason Warren, Wesley White, Allison Wicker, Matthew Wilson, Hannah Woodruff, Maitland Wright, Ashley Yates and Tori York.
Following the program, parents and students were invited to enjoy refreshments prepared by culinary arts students.