Skip to content

Fire destroys residence in Macedonia

Fire destroys residence in Macedonia

A house fire late Wednesday afternoon in the Macedonia community in southeast Obion County destroyed the residence, but authorities are reporting there were no injuries.
Initially, there were reports someone may have been trapped inside the house on Warix Road. However, Kenton Fire Chief Ed Sims said the rental house was unoccupied at the time of the fire.
The fire was first reported shortly before 4 p.m., according to Sims, who said firefighters arrived on the scene to find the house “fully involved” by fire.
The house is located about three miles east of Kenton and was owned by Josh and Carissa Burkett. They were renting the house to Beth Adams.
Sims said there was no one home at the time of the fire and no firefighters were injured fighting the blaze.
“We found out everyone was gone … everybody was safe. We got a good stop on it,” he told The Messenger today.
Firefighters from Troy, Rives and Gibson County, as well as members of he Obion County Rescue Squad, responded to the fire, according to Sims, who had high praise for the help Kenton firefighters got from the other agencies.
“The cooperation was great and we really appreciated all the help,” Sims said.
He said the fire is believed to have been electrical in origin. Firefighters remained on the fire scene until nearly 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Friends are requesting assistance for the family, who lost all their possessions. Furniture, household items and clothing may be donated by calling (731) 446-8556 and making arrangements for delivery or pick-up.
Ms. Adams wears a size 12-14 pants, a large shirt and size 8 shoes. Rick O’Lee Gilliland wears size 36×34 pants, large shirt and size 91⁄2 shoes. There are two 18-year-old children in need of clothing as well. The male teen wears 34 or 36×34 pants, medium to large shirt and size 12 shoes, while the female teen wears size 2-3 pants, medium shirt and size 81⁄2-9 shoes.

Published in The Messenger 3.28.13

Leave a Comment