OCCHS students recognized for academic achievements
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:00 pm
The Messenger 05.24.12
Several students at Obion County Central High School were recently recognized with academic honors.
Challenge Graduates recognized at a recent reception included Tiffany Bogle, Tabitha Brown, Tanner Cary, Carly Coleman, Megan Cook, Drew Crews, Kevin Cumana, Christopher Douglas, Thomas Elam, Leah Farrar, Amber Gardiner, Dillion Hamil, Matt Hester, Skylar Hopkins, Will Horton, Christina Jackson, Lauren Jones, Jason Kelly, Dalton Lewis, Randi Lynn McBride, Austin McCullough, Rad McDavid, Mason McGrew, Miguel Mendez, Heather Muirhead, Rachel O’Steen, Travis Preuett, Morgan Quinton, Lauren Richards, Shawna Sampson, Linden Scarbrough, Jordan Smith, Savannah Snead, Chelsea Southerland, Kristin Storey, Josh VanValkenburg and Colton Woodward.
Tennessee Scholars Graduates honored at the event were Tori Abrigo, Macy Allison, Alex Anton, Amanda Bell, Tiffany Bogle, Tabitha Brown, Alex Bugg, Tanner Cary, Carly Coleman, Megan Cook, Drew Crews, Kevin Cumana, Hannah Davidson, Chris Donaldson, Zach Donnell, Christopher Douglas, Jordan Epperson, Amber Gardiner, Matt Hester, Skylar Hopkins, Leah Hutchison, Christina Jackson, Lauren Jones, Jason Kelly, Jonathan Kelly, Morgan Kemp, Dalton Lewis, Summer London, Austin McCullough, Rad McDavid, Mason McGrew, Heather Muirhead, Travis Preuett, Morgan Quinton, Lauren Richards, Paige Roach, Shawna Sampson, Linden Scarbrough, Kristen Scobey, Jordan Smith, Savannah Snead, Chelsea Southerland, Victoria Stevenson, Kristin Storey, Kristina Storey, Krista Tate, Colton Woodward and Jessica Wright.
Academic awards for the just-completed 2011-12 school year at OCCHS were won by:
• Math — Algebra I, first semester Whittney Lee and second semester Kaleb Byars; Algebra II, first semester Korben Hagan and second semester Courtney Carroll; Advanced Algebra /Trigonometry, Kameron Jackson; Geometry, first semester Lindsay Castellaw and second semester Imelda Rodriguez; Technical Geometry, first semester Krista Corum and second semester Austin Rhodes; Foundations II, first semester Allison Priest; Pre-Calculus, Allison Wicker; and Calculus, Kristin Storey.
• Language — Honors English 1, first semester Abigail Simmons and second semester Whittney Lee; Honors English 2, first semester, Courtney Carroll and second semester Kaycee Mathenia; Honors English 3, first semester Rebecca Bloodworth and second semester Michaela Cochran; Honors English 4, Leah Howard; Dual Credit English, first semester Chelsea Southerland and second semester Joshua VanValkenburg; regular English 1, first semester Kaleb Byars and second semester Laken Kirk; regular English 2, first semester Tristin Miller and second semester Jessica Lamastus; regular English 3, first semester Matthew Tittle and second semester Danielle Leggett; regular English 4, first semester Alyssa Rodriguez and second semester Tory Roach; Broadcasting, Matt Hester; Spanish 1, first semester Allison Wicker and second semester Laina Roberson; Spanish 2, first semester Maitland Wright and second semester Hannah Woodruff; French 1, Bayley Fluty; and French 2, Tori York.
• Science — Biology I, first semester Tia Parks and second semester Luz Morales; Biology 2, first semester Rebecca Lund and second semester Hannah Woodruff; Biology for Technology, first semester Dylan Porch and second semester Hannah Taylor; Chemistry I, first semester Kaycee Mathenia and second semester Laina Roberson; Chemistry 2, first semester Allison Wicker and second semester Allison Ward; Physics, Christina Jackson; Physical Science, first semester Arturo Guerrero and second semester Imelda Rodriguez; and Environmental Science, first semester Alex Sharp and second semester Catie Stanford.
• Health and Wellness — Health Science Education, first semester Alyssa Rodriguez and second semester Diana Ramos; Anatomy and Physiology, Alex Anton; Diagnostic Medicine, first semester Natalie Noles and second semester Christopher Douglas; Clinical Internship, Hannah Davidson; Rehabilitation Therapies, first semester Zach Tucker and second semester Julie Mathenia; Emergency Medical Service, Rebecca Bloodworth; Medical Therapeutics, first semester Kallan Parker and second semester Kristen Scobey; and Wellness, first semester Macy McClure and second semester Lane Baker.
• Social science — World Geography, first semester Elliot Tomlinson and second semester Austin Holland; American History, first semester Allison Wicker and second semester Rebecca Lund; Economics, first semester Drew Crews and second semester Krista Tate; and Government, first semester Radford McDavid and second semester Chelsea Southerland.
• National Society Daughters of Founders and Patriots of America Award — Chelsea Southerland.
• Business arts — Accounting 1, Andrea Pickard; Work Skills, Taylor White; Integrated Input Technology; Jonathan Kelly; Computer Applications, first semester Amanda Lund and second semester Abigail Simmons, Desktop Publishing, Kayla Ford; Multimedia Design, Mason Hoffman; Life Skills, Zach Cochran; Career Management Success, first semester Stella Preuett and second semester Bryce Warner; Personal Finance, first semester Maria Guerrero and second semester Leah Howard; Criminal Justice 1, first semester Kelsey Jackson and second semester Aaron Scott; and Criminal Justice 2, first semester Christina Jackson and second semester Andrea Pickard.
• Family and life skills — Family and Consumer Science, first semester Rebecca Robb and second semester Kaycee Mathenia; Family and Parenting/Child Development, first semester Tori York and second semester Leshia Taylor; Life Connections, Krista Tate; Nutrition and Foods 1, Maitland Wright; and Culinary Arts, first semester Brandi Goodman and second semester Skylar Hopkins.
• Arts — Art 1, first semester Lisa Kemp and second semester Alexis Ryan; Art 2, first semester Korben Hagan and second semester Lauren Richards; Art 3, first semester Rebecca Bloodworth and second semester Jake Bell; Art 4, Audrey McGarity; Piano Keyboarding, first semester Jason Kelly and second semester Brady Chandler; Vocal Music, Erica Alonzo; and Annual Staff, Tabitha Brown.
• Agriculture — Agriculture 1, first semester Ben Holland and second semester Austin Holland; Agriculture 2, first semester Carrie Wilson and second semester Austin Choate; Wildlife, Joe Fultz; Forestry, Jacob Fuller; Introduction to Horticulture, Trevor Clouse; Greenhouse, Austin Rudd; Turfgrass and Landscaping, Rad McDavid; Equine Science, Mary Helen Driver; and Small Animal Care, Nathaniel Eddington.
• Career Technology — Construction Core, Justice Allen; Carpentry 1, Chris Hodges; Carpentry 2, Timmy Montgomery; Transportation Core, Sarah Long; Nonstructural Collision Repair, Cody Hudgins; Structural Collision Repair, Collin McGinnis; Collision Repair Paint and Refinishing, Zach Blakley; Principles of Cosmetology, Morgan Maunder; Design Principles of Cosmetology, Maria Guerrero; Chemistry of Cosmetology, Sarah Long; Welding 1, Peyton Lyons; and Advanced Welding, David Rodriguez.
Students named to the Top 10 in each grade level were also honored (see related photos, above).