CAR CARE — Bob Nichols of Union City polished his 1928 Ford Model A Coupe prior to the first Jeff Davis Memorial Car Show early Saturday in front of Discovery Park of America. Ford designed the Model A to replace the Model T, and it was first produced Oct. 20, 1927. Production ended in March 1932. The 40-horsepower car is a conventional unsynchronized three-speed sliding gear manual, with reverse, and can go from 0-60 in 32 seconds with a top speed of 65 mph. The car show was free to spectators, with proceeds from car entry fees benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. There were several local business sponsors for the event, which drew cars, trucks and motorcycles competing for trophies, as well as had vendors, food trucks and a cornhole tournament.