County meeting set
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:00 pm
The Messenger, February 26, 2013
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the basement conference room of the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
Items on the agenda include:
• a letter of approval by the comptroller of the treasury for the issuance of a capital outlay note not to exceed $200,000;
• a request from trustee Lori Seals for a budget transfer in the General Fund in the amount of $1,500;
• a request for a budget transfer in the Solid Waste Fund in the amount of $14,200;
• a request from Sheriff Jerry Vastbinder for a budget transfer for the jail in the amount of $2,000, for the Drug Fund in the amount of $1,500 and for the sheriff’s department in the amount of $5,000 and a resolution to create a travel line item in the Litter Grant budget in the amount of $2,000;
• information concerning an energy/lighting grant proposal for government buildings;
• resolutions to amend the General Fund in the amounts of $1,910 and $200 and the Debt Service Fund in the amount of $5,000;
• appointments to the following boards and committees: Joint Economic & Community Development Board (now serving, Jim Rippy); and the Highway Board (now serving, Jim Thorpe from District 1 and James H. Moore from District 3).
The committee will also include consideration of notary public applications and other matters brought to its attention.
The meeting is open to the public.
Boards and committees to be considered for the May term include:
• Library Board (now serving, Mary Ann Hime and Mike Cox);
• Nursing Home Board (now serving, Janis Lacewell, Dr. Bobby Williams, Tracey Batey, Ernest Daniels, Timmy Gant, the Rev. Terry Council and Sonny Yarbrough);
• West Tennessee Railroad Authority (now serving, Art Chivers and County Mayor Benny McGuire).