4-H volunteers attend instructor training
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:00 pm
Five Obion County 4-H Shooting Sports volunteers were recently instructor trained by the National Rifle Association.
These instructors included John Bright, Chris Cummings, Ty Parker, David Hagen and Mike Rinker. The objectives of the 4-H Shooting Sports Program include:
• To encourage participation in natural resources and related natural science programs by exposing participants to the shooting sports curriculum content through shooting, hunting and related activities.
• To enhance development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe, educational and socially acceptable involvement in shooting activity.
• To teach safe and responsible use of firearms and archery equipment including sound decision-making, self-discipline and concentration.
• To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
• To expose participants to the broad array of vocational and life-long avocational activities related to shooting sports.
• To strengthen families through participation in life-long recreational activities.
• To compliment and enhance the impact of existing safety, shooting and hunter education programs using experiential educational methods in the progressive development of skills and abilities.
Published in The Messenger 1.29.13