Diabetes class set
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 4:00 pm
The Messenger, January 21, 2013
A free diabetes class will be offered in Union City at the Obion County Public Library at 1221 East Reelfoot Ave. Feb. 21 from 4-5:30 p.m. The class was originally set for Jan. 15, but was canceled because of inclement weather. Jill Collins, a registered dietitian and a certified diabetes educator, will be conducting the class, which is open to the public.
Class sessions will include the following:
• The latest diabetes information;
• The different kinds of diabetes;
• The typical course of diabetes;
• Different diabetes treatments and tests;
• Good blood sugar control;
• Low or high blood sugar symptoms;
• Meal planning and physical activity;
• Helpful diabetes resources.