County meeting set
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 4:00 pm
The Messenger, January 11, 2013
The Obion County Legislative Body will meet 9 a.m. Jan. 22 in the circuit courtroom at the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
Items on the agenda include:
• the reading of a proclamation honoring Chuck Ashley, veterans service officer, upon his retirement;
• approval of minutes from the November 2012 term;
• a recommendation of a surety bond for Mary Sue Chilcutt in the highway department;
• approval of a capital outlay note, not to exceed $200,000, for capital expenses in the general fund;
• presentation concerning the lease of county-owned property for farming purposes;
• approval of the official road map for Obion County;
• appointments to the following boards and committees: Agricultural Committee (now serving are Kenneth Barnes and Jennifer Davis. David Clark is to be replaced after three terms served); Courthouse Committee (now serving are Andy Crocker, Dean Jowers, Tim Doyle, Norma Fowler, Terry Dwyer, Terry Roberts and Jim Bondurant); county historian (now serving is Allen Nohsey); Solid Waste Regional Planning Board (now serving are Bob Stephens, Ned Bigelow and Richard Arnold); and Budget Committee (now serving are Jerry Grady, Arnold, Nohsey, Roberts, Ralph Puckett, Danny Jowers and Sam Sinclair);
• approval of Notary Public applications.
Boards and committees to be considered for the March term include Joint Economic and Community Development Board (Jim Rippy, representing commercial interests); and the Highway Board (Jim Thorpe from District 1 and James H. Moore from District 3).
The meeting will be open to the public.