Diabetes classes set
Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:06 pm
The Messenger, January 8, 2013
Free diabetes classes will be offered in Union City at the Obion County Public Library at 1221 East Reelfoot Ave. Jan. 15 from 4-5:30 p.m. Jill Collins, a registered dieteitan and a certified diabetes educator, will be conducting the classes, which are open to the public.
Class sessions will include the following:
• The latest diabetes information;
• The different kinds of diabetes;
• The typical course of diabetes;
• Different diabetes treatments and tests;
• Good blood sugar control;
• Low or high blood sugar symptoms;
• Meal planning and physical activity;
• Helpful diabetes resources.