Skip to content

Restaurant fire ruled accidental

Restaurant fire ruled accidental
Restaurant fire ruled accidental

A fire last month at Tony’s Sports Bar & Grill was accidental, according to a preliminary report from the Martin Fire Department.
The report has not been finalized, Chief Jamie Summers said Wednesday.
“It does look like it’s going to be accidental,” Summers said, “but as far as pinpointing it down to what happened, we don’t have enough evidence to say if anybody left something on or what happened.”
Firefighters were dispatched to the business at 112 Lovelace Street in Martin about 4:50 a.m. on Dec. 18.
The fire was contained to the cooking area in the kitchen, which sustained some water damage as a result.
Summers previously said the fire started somewhere in the kitchen appliance area, but investigators weren’t sure how it started. Published in The WCP 1.3.13

Leave a Comment