UC council to meet
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 4:00 pm
The Messenger, December 17, 2012
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a regular monthly meeting.
Items on the agenda for the public hearing include consideration of an ordinance for the city for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012, and ending June 30, 2013.
Items on the agenda for the regular meeting include:
• an ordinance to appropriate amounts from the hotel/motel tax receipts for fiscal year 2012-13 to the Obion County Industrial Development Corp., the Obion County Chamber of Commerce and Main Street-Union City and to defray the city’s commission for collecting the tax and cost of auditing the taxpayers;
• an ordinance for the city for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012, and ending June 30, 2013;
• consideration of bids for bleachers, salvage, bullet proof vests, police vehicles, and for demolition at 919 East Vine St. and 411-13 North Home St.;
• presentation of retroactive approval from the state comptroller for 2011/12 $2,440,000 one year capital outlay extension;
• consideration of an ordinance to amend a portion of the sewer fees established within the sewer pretreatment program in the City of Union City;
• consideration of a resolution to award the bid for SRF funds for the construction of a contract for wastewater treatment plant improvements;
• miscellaneous items and bills.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.