Braylee’s hosting art show
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:01 am
An opening reception will be held from 6-8 p.m. Friday at Braylee’s Cottage & Zoo in downtown Union City for an art show celebrating the creativity and talents of nine students from across West Tennessee and Kentucky.
Braylee’s Cottage & Zoo is located at 306 South Second St.
The art show will continue from 2-8 p.m. Saturday and from 1-5 p.m. Sunday.
The show is free and open to the public and features the work of artists covering a wide range of ages, styles, methods and media, according to a news release from Susie Fleenor. There will be light refreshments served during the reception, and the artists will be available to meet visitors during specific dates highlighted on the business’ website — www.braylees.com.
Featured artists for the art show include:
• Brady Craddock, 14, HomeLife Academy eighth grader. Mixed media.
• Brandon Fleenor, 19, University of Notre Dame, executive certification in leadership and management. Photography.
• Cassidy Fleenor, 13, Lamplight Heritage Lyceum seventh grader. Mixed media.
• Cody Speed, 22, University of Tennessee at Martin senior, graphic design. Monochromatic inks, sculpture and canvas.
• Emily Brown, 7, HomeLife Academy second grader. Mixed media.
• Kait Scott, 15, A Beka Academy sophomore. Photography.
• Halle Camilleri, 15, Veritas Christian Co-op sophomore. Photography.
• Kelsey Scarbrough, 16, Scarbrough Christian Academy junior. Mixed media.
• Rayanna Fleenor, 15, Lamplight Heritage Lyceum sophomore. Mixed media.
The artists will be taking orders for their artwork printed on note cards, note pads and prints in sizes 8×10 and 11×17. Prices will vary and payment will be due at the time of a customer’s order. All proceeds from sales will go to the artists.
For more information about the art show or reception, contact Ms. Fleenor at (731) 335-6650 or by email at email@example.com.