UC council to meet
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 4:30 pm
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a public hearing and a regular monthly meeting.
The public hearing includes the hearing of an ordinance to set the tax levy on all taxable property within the corporate limits of the City of Union City for the year 2012 and all following years until changed by subsequent ordinance.
Items on the agenda for the regular meeting, which will follow, include:
• approval of minutes from the Oct. 2 meeting;
• the first reading of the tax levy ordinance considered in the public hearing;
• setting a special meeting date of Oct. 23 at 5:30 p.m. to consider the second and final reading of the tax levy ordinance and consideration of the TVA Rebate Program lighting bids;
• consider bid recommendations for flag poles and labor at Veterans Park.
• consider a financial advisory agreement with Cumberland Securities.
• authorization to apply for USDA financing through Union City Electric for Rail Transmodal Completion, $240,000;
• miscellaneous items and bills.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public. For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.
Published in The Messenger 10.15.12