Eye Full of Paris Weekend scheduled
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 8:01 pm
It’s music. It’s theater. It’s art. It’s the annual Eye Full of Paris Weekend in historic downtown Paris.
Celebrating visual and performing arts, the event takes place the last full weekend each September and is sponsored by the Downtown Paris Association.
“These three days focus on an assortment of live music, children’s activities and an extraordinary variety of artwork with an emphasis on demonstrations,” said DPA president Kathy Ray.
• Eye Full of Paris will begin with live music noon-1 pm. during Commercial Bank’s Noon on the Square on the lawn of the historic Henry County Courthouse. It is a free event.
• The Wildlife Awaits Show and Sale opens at Lee Academy for the Arts at 6 p.m. Friends of the Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge sponsor this combination of painting, pottery, fiber arts and photography. This is a free event. Entry forms are online at www.tnwrfriends.org.
• Potters, painters, jewelers, metalworkers, woodworkers, basket makers, fiber artists and others will fill the courthouse lawn from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. for Arts ‘Round the Square. This is a free event.
• A wide variety of amazing musicians will perform throughout the day on the stage on the courthouse lawn. This is a free event.
• The courthouse lawn will be the site of an exciting variety of young talent including Bethel Renaissance Theater and the KPAC Children’s Theater at the KidZone Live! area.
• There will be a concert in the vineyard at Paris Winery from 6-10 p.m. This is a free event.
• First Baptist Church Christian Life Center will host the finale of Eye Full of Paris Weekend, Downtown Churches Rejoice. A casual lunch will be available for purchase.
For more information, visit www.VisitDowntown Paris.com.
Published in The Messenger 9.21.12