County meeting set
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:41 am
The Messenger, August 13, 2012
The Obion County Legislative Body will meet 6 p.m. Aug. 20 in the circuit courtroom at the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
Items on the agenda include:
• approval of minutes from the July term;
• a financial report for the Indigent Care Trust Fund;
• consideration of the fiscal year 2012-13 budget for the Obion County Public Library;
• a resolution making appropriations to nonprofit charitable organizations for fiscal year 2012-13;
• a resolution making appropriations to various funds and departments of Obion County for fiscal year 2012-13;
• a resolution fixing the tax levy in Obion County for fiscal year 2012-13;
• appointments/election to the following boards: election of the chairman of the Legislative Body (Ralph Puckett now serving); election of the Chairman Pro Tem of the Legislative Body (now serving, Allen Nohsey); appointments to the Finance Committee (now serving, Tim Doyle, Polk Glover and Cloney Taylor); appointments to the Legislative Committee (now serving, Nohsey, Terry Roberts, Norma Fowler, Puckett and Doyle);
• approval of Notary Public applications.
The meeting will be open to the public.