County meeting set
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:30 pm
The Messenger, May 15, 2012
The Obion County Legislative Body will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the circuit courtroom at the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
Items on the agenda include:
• a presentation by state Rep. Andy Holt;
• the approval of minutes from the March 2012 meeting;
• consideration of a resolution to amend the Interdepartmental Agreement previously approved between Obion County and the Obion County Board of Education;
• a report concerning the amended landfill agreements.;
• a resolution concerning county litigation tax;
• a resolution to amend the Central Cafeteria Fund ($100,000) and the General Purpose School Fund ($47,120);
• a report from the Revenue Research Committee;
• a financial report for the Indigent Care Trust Fund;
• a report from the Finance Committee;
• a presentation concerning the release of 2012 property and public utility taxes;
• a resolution to amend the County General Fund ($24,100);
• a resolution to authorize an application for a Litter and Trash Collecting Grant;
• a resolution to adopt a continuing Budget and Tax Rate for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012, until the FY 2012-13 budget is adopted;
• a recommendation by the Budget Committee to approve paying the cost of Consultant Services Agreement (up to $6,000, insurance actuary);
• information concerning the county’s employer contribution rate for the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System;
• appointments to the following boards: Emergency Communications District Board; the Adult-Oriented Establishment Board (now serving, Cloney Taylor, Terry Roberts, Union City Mayor Terry Hailey, Kenton Mayor Virginia Davidson and Troy Mayor Jimmie Hart); the Health and Educational Facilities Board (now serving, Steve Vaughn, Mrs. Fowler and Jean Rosier); the Obion County Industrial Development Corporation board (now serving, Danny Jowers); the Obion County Public Library board (now serving, Wayne Bailey); the Obion County Nursing Home board (now serving, Janis Lacewell, Dr. Bobby Williams, Tracey Batey, Earnest Daniels, Timmy Gant, the Rev. Terry Council and Sonny Yarbrough); and the Obion County Highway Commission;
• approval of Notary Public applications;
• presentation concerning the county’s rural Fire Subscription Program.
The meeting will be open to the public.