|Annual MidSouth business summitt set |
|Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 9:33 am |
|The 6th annual MidSouth Economic and Business Development Summit will be held from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. May 15 in the Boling University Center on the University of Tennessee at Martin main campus. |
This year’s theme is “Operation: Economic Empowerment,” and the summit is sponsored by the Dyersburg State Community College Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC), the UT Martin TSBDC, the WestStar Leadership Program and the UT Martin REED Center.
The schedule of events for the summit is:
• 8 – Registration begins
• 8:30 – Welcoming remarks by Landy Fuqua, REED Center interim director; Dr. Tom Rakes, UT Martin chancellor; Youlanda Jones-Wilcox, vice president for institutional advancement and continuing education at Dyersburg State Community College; and Maleia M. Evans, director of the TSBDC at Dyersburg State Community College
• 8:45-9:55 – “Mission: Don’t Just Tell It, Sell Your Story” by Pinky Gonzales, celebrity business consultant and senior vice president of brand development for BubbleUp, Inc.
• 9:55-10:05 – Break/Networking Contest
• 10:05-10:35 – “Mission: Accelerating Business in Northwest TN” by the Northwest Tennessee Business Accelerator Team, under the direction of moderator John Bucy, executive director of the Northwest Tennessee Development District
• 10:35-10:45 – Break/Networking Contest
• 10:45-11:55 – “Mission: Leading From the Inside Out,” by William B. Lee, CEO of Lee Company
• Noon-1:30 p.m. – 6th anniversary luncheon and keynote speaker Sherry Stewart Deutschmann, founder and CEO of LetterLogic, Inc.; “Corporate Culture … What Sets Your Company or Your Community Apart?”
Participants may register online at www.utm.edu/midsouthsummit or by calling Fuqua at 587-7333.