Economic summit scheduled at UTM
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:39 am
The University of Tennessee at Martin will host the 6th Annual Mid-South Economic and Business Development Summit May 15 in the Boling University Center.
The one-day summit is being sponsored by Dyersburg State Community College Tennessee Small Business Development Center, UTM Small Business Development Center, UTM Regional Entrepreneurship and Economic Develop-ment Center and WestStar Leadership.
Registration for the summit and a continental breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. Opening remarks scheduled to begin at 8:30. The welcome will be handled by UTM REED Center interim director Landy Fuqua, UTM Chancellor Dr. Tom Rakes, DSCC vice president for institutional advancement and continuing education Youlanda Jones, Wilcox and DSCC TSBDC director Maelia M. Evans.
The day’s program will include:
• 8:45 a.m. — Mission: Don’t Just Tell It, Sell Your Story, featuring Pinky Gonzalez, senior vice president of brand development for BubbleUp Inc. and celebrity business consultant.
• 9:55 — Break and networking contest.
• 10:05 — Mission: Accelerating Business in Northwest Tennessee, featuring moderator John Bucy, executive director of the Northwest Tennessee Development District.
• 10:35 — Break and networking contest.
• 10:45 — Mission: Leading from the Inside Out, featuring Lee Company CEO William B. Lee.
• Noon — Luncheon, featuring keynote speaker Sherry Stewart Deutschmann, founder and CEO of LetterLogic Inc.
There is a $50 registration fee for the summit.
The deadline to register is May 4. For more information about the summit or to register online, go to www.utm.edu/midsouthsummit. Also, contact Ms. Fuqua at (731) 587-7333 for more information.