We Care announces needs
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:33 pm
The WE CARE Thrift Store is open to the public on Wednesdays from 1-3:30 p.m.; Saturdays from 9:30 a.m.-noon; and every second Monday of the month from 5-6:30 p.m. WE CARE is open to the public and has many collectibles. Every dollar spent will be used to help others.
WE CARE is in need of the following items:
• Food bank: canned fruit, snack items, canned vegetables (potatoes, beans), Sloppy Joe sauce, potted meat, Vienna sausages, cereal, crackers, peanut butter, 16 oz. disposable beverage cups, lunch bags, toilet paper, Little Debbie snacks, package cookies, peanut butter crackers, pop tarts and soap.
• Furniture store: refrigerators, stoves, washing machines and dryers, beds, good, used couches, chairs and furniture, stereo sets and microwaves. Please, no built-in appliances.
• Thrift store: good mattress and box springs set, pots and pans, toasters, electric skillets, electric can openers, electric mixers and crockpots.
• Clothing store: maternity clothes, women’s plus sizes, children’s clothing, men’s shoes and jeans, and polo shirts.
• Office: copy and print paper, wide masking tape, 2-inch, 3-ring binders, package tape dispenser, pricing guns, yard sticks, tape measures and 3 x 3 sticking note pads.
• Miscellaneous: books (Christian fiction and non-fiction, romance and mystery), Bibles for children and adults. Drill with chuck key, jig-saw and hammer.
Weakley County supports WE CARE through donations of clothing and household items and through financial donations. All donations make a difference in the lives of others.
Donation hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday, 7:30-noon. Hours of assistance are Monday and Thursday, 9:30-11:30 a.m.; Wednesday, 9:30-11 a.m.
Call 587-6257 for more information.