Skip to content

Fire destroys single dad’s home

Fire destroys single dad’s home

A Thursday morning fire in Martin has caused significant damage to the home of a single dad who lived there with his two children.
According to an incident report issued by the Martin Fire Department, firefighters spent a little more than an hour on the scene of a structure fire at 106 Volunteer St. The fire broke out around 11:50 that morning.
The main fire was found in the living room of the home. Resident Jamie Pettit and his two children were not home at the time.
No injuries were reported, but community members have issued a call for donations for Pettit and his two children. According to a circulated email, the trio are in need of everything, especially clothes, due to smoke and water damage throughout the house.
Clothing sizes needed are girls size 7, shoe size 1; boys size 10/12, shoe size 6; and mens size 38×38 pants, 2x tall shirts.
Donations or gift cards can be dropped off of at Century 21 or Taylor Homeworks, both of Martin.
Contact Amy Powers at 514-1893 for questions.

WCP 3.20.12

Leave a Comment