UC council to meet
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 4:52 pm
The Messenger, March 19, 2012
The Union City city council will meet Tuesday evening at 5:30 in the courtroom of the Union City Municipal Building for a regular monthly meeting.
Items on the regular meeting agenda include:
• board appointments to the Municipal Regional Planning Commission, the Civic Auditorium Committee, the Personnel Advisory Board (two vacancies) and the Board of Zoning Appeals;
• consideration of bids received for demolition work at 604 North Division St.;
• authorization to enter into standard agreement between A2H and Union City (Carey Counseling Arch);
• authorization to enter in CDBG grant contract between Tennessee Economic Development and Union City;
• consideration of a FEMA grant application for safe room construction at the former Union City Central School property;
• authorization to contribute one-third cost for a well at Everett-Stewart Regional Airport, not to exceed $2,100;
• bills to be considered;
• miscellaneous items.
Visitors will also be recognized for the hearing of grievances and/or complaints.
Public meetings are regularly held the first and third Tuesdays of each month and all sessions are open to the public.
For additional information about this meeting or any other, call the city clerk at 885-1341.