Fire damages UC home

Fire damages UC home

Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 4:48 pm

The Messenger, March 19, 2012
A home on Gibbs Street in Union City was damaged by fire Sunday afternoon.
The Union City Fire Department responded at 12:35 p.m. to a home at 215 West Gibbs St. and arrived to find dark smoke coming out the front door and from the eaves.
The house was owned by Ellis Cochran and apparently occupied by Courtney Eaves, according to a fire department report. Fire officials indicated there were nine people living in the house.
Firefighters worked for several minutes to control the blaze, which apparently started in a first-floor bathroom and possibly stemmed from an electrical fixture. The bathroom and a laundry room next to it were destroyed, with the rest of the structure sustaining heat and smoke damage in several areas, the report stated.
The incident apparently remains under investigation. Firefighters remained on the scene until 2:15 p.m. Sunday.

Leave a Comment