County meeting set
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 2:46 pm
The Messenger, February 27, 2012
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet 5 p.m. March 5 in the basement conference room at the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
The agenda includes:
• a resolution to remove law enforcement powers from the office of Obion County constables;
• a report concerning the deposit of revenue from surplus equipment auctions and sales;
• an appointment to the Civil Service Board (now serving, Ann McGuire);
• consideration of a Department of Transportation proposal for State Route 5 (U.S. 45 West) to State Route 3 (U.S. 51);
• appointments to the Obion County Museum Board to replace Tracy Batey and the Courthouse Committee to replace Dwayne Hensley;
• a request to transfer funds within the sheriff’s department budget for salary increases;
• resolutions to amend the General Fund ($16,627); the General Fund pertaining to the Capital Outlay Note ($53, 025); and the Interdepartmental Agreement previously approved between Obion County and the Obion County Board of Education for the construction of the vocational training facilities;
• a resolution authorizing the issuance of an equipment and courthouse roof capital outlay note, not to exceed $125,000;
• discussion concerning the additional litigation tax for the purpose of jail construction, reconstruction or upgrading or to retire jail debt;
• consideration of landfill agreements between Obion County and ECM of Ridgely LLC and between Obion County and Northwest Disposal Corp.
• appointments to the Emergency Communications District Board (now serving, Kathy Forrester, Dan Boykin and John Horner); the Board of Equalization (now serving, David Fowler, John Snead, Billy Clark and Dianne Sanderson); the Highway Board (now serving, Jerry LaMastus and Baxter Sanders); and Northwest Tennessee Regional Port Authority (now serving, Dave Frankum);
• Notary Public applications;
• Any matter brought before the committee.
Appointments for the May term include: Adult-oriented Establishment Board (now serving, Cloney Taylor, Terry Roberts and mayors Terry Hailey, Virginia Davidson and Jimmie Hart); Health and Educational Facilities Board (now serving, Steve Vaughn, Norma Fowler and Jean Rosier); Obion County Industrial Development Corporation Board (legislative body’s representative is Danny Jowers); Obion County Public Library Board (now serving, Wayne Bailey)
The meeting is open to the public.