Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:00 pm
The following deed transfers were filed Feb. 14-21 in the office of Obion County Register of Deeds Vicky Long.
The transfers listed exclude deeds of trust (mortgages on real estate) and any miscellaneous instruments recorded in the register’s office. The list is published in its entirety, without exception, from record books in the register’s office.
Amounts are not shown for true quitclaim deeds, or deeds in which a husband and wife divide property. Deeds conveying property to a state, the federal government or a city are exempt from the state transfer tax.
• Jerry Sherrill and Mildred L. Sherrill to Ardell Maddox and Mary L. Maddox, Dist. 13, $2,000.
• Robert A. Reece, trustee, to Cayce Wells McCormick, Ran Kirkland Wells and Danby Wells Erwin, Dist. 16, quitclaim deed.
• James Bryant Cruce and Abby Taylor Cruce to Billy Jim Gooch and Frankie Annette Gooch, Dist. 3, $127,000.
• Marcell Ingram to Citifinancial Inc., Dist. 13, $65,832.60.
• Terry Lee Marshall and Lee A. Marshall to Jack Lee Collier, Dist. 3, $18,000.
• Margaret Nelson to William Wallace and Leigh Wallace, Dist. 13, $25,000.
• Meredith Short Roberson to Frank G. Roberson and Kim G. Roberson, Dist. 5, $20,000.
• Betty R. Gilliland to John Sowell, Dist. 13, $37,000.
• Mike Shannon and Michelle Shannon to West Tennessee Properties LLC, Dist. 5, $50,125.
• Dennis E. McCant and Chanda J. McCant to Lloyd W. Moore and Rhonda K. Moore, Dist. 4, $110,000.
• James T. Batey to the Doctors Clinic Properties, Dist. 13, $23,090.80.
• Jim Jonakin, John M. Jonakin, Rocky Jonakin and Rusty Jonakin to Charles Trent Ams and Deborah Ams, Dist. 13, $31,500.
• George J. Gubener to American Cellular Inc., Dist. 13, $385,000.
• Billy D. Hopper and Suzanne Hopper to Thelma Young, Dist. 6, $31,000.
• Stephen L. Hughes, substitute trustee, to First State Bank, Dist. 13, $8,500.
• William G. Jackson and Cynthia L. Jackson to Kyle Mark Russell and Jill Ann Russell, Dist. 6, $65,000.
• Jimmy Gray Sr. to Thomas H. Corley, Dist. 4, $8,400. Published in The Messenger 2.22.12