Program helps exporters
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 9:26 pm
The TNTrade Market Access Program (MAP) is now accepting applications from Tennessee businesses.
The state program is designed to enhance export readiness, promotion and sales activities in foreign markets for Tennessee’s small- to mid-sized companies.
The program provides a 50 percent reimbursement for up to $5,000 per year for qualified and approved export activities.
“Last year Tennessee exported roughly $30 billion in goods, however, fewer than 2 percent of all Tennessee companies are exporters,” state Commissioner Bill Hagerty said.
Tennessee businesses that manufacture, assemble and/or distribute a product, or provide an exportable service may apply.
Products manufactured or produced outside of Tennessee must be marketed under the name of a Tennessee firm and have Tennessee content representing at least 51 percent of the value of the finished good and/or service.
Activities qualifying for the MAP reimbursement include:
• Overseas trade mission or trade show participation
• Domestic trade show participation that has a significant international focus
• Foreign market sales trip
• Subscription to services through the U.S. Commercial Service
• Independent consultant assistance
• Export training workshops
• Product certification
• International marketing media design
• Website internationalization
• Marketing collateral translation
Applications are available on the TNTrade website at tn.gov/ecd/tntrade/pdf/mapapp.pdf and must be submitted to the state department at least 20 business days prior to the activity.