TDEC MAP funds available
Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:29 am
Nashville – The Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development announced this week that the TNTrade Market Access Program (MAP) is now accepting applications from Tennessee businesses. MAP is designed to enhance export readiness, promotion and sales activities in foreign markets for Tennessee’s small- to mid-sized companies. The program provides a 50 percent reimbursement for up to $5,000 per year for qualified and approved export activities.
Tennessee businesses that manufacture, assemble and/or distribute a product, or provide an exportable service may apply. Activities qualifying for the MAP reimbursement include:
• Overseas trade mission or trade show participation
• Domestic trade show participation that has a significant international focus
• Foreign market sales trip
• Subscription to services through the U.S. Commercial Service
• Independent consultant assistance
• Export training workshops
• Product certification
• International marketing media design
• Website internationalization
• Marketing collateral translation
Applications are available on the TNTrade website at tn.gov/ecd/tntrade/pdf/mapapp.pdf and must be submitted to ECD at least 20 business days prior to the activity. All activities must be approved in advance in order to utilize MAP.