|WLJT to air TSSAA games |
|Posted: Friday, December 2, 2011 12:02 pm |
|Sixteen of the best high school football teams in Tennessee will take the field beginning today (Thursday) through Saturday in the 2011 BlueCross Bowl, the TSSAA’s Football state championships in Cookeville. Among those teams, for the first time in their history, the Dresden High School Lions will take to the field Saturday. |
For those fans who can’t make the trip to Cookeville Saturday, the TSSAA Network has partnered with the Tennessee Public Television Council stations to broadcast all the championship action live throughout the state. Locally, games can be seen on WLJT-DT, Channel 11 – Public Television for West Tennessee.
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to broadcast all eight of our football championships to every home in Tennessee through the Tennessee Public Television stations,” said Bernard Childress, executive director for TSSAA. “This is an amazing opportunity for the participating high schools, athletes, and the TSSAA.”
“Television coverage allows fans of Tennessee high school sports greater access to these events and will create lasting memories for the participants and their families,” said David Rudolph, president and CEO of PlayOn! Sports.
“We are pleased to continue our partnership with the Tennessee Public Television Council stations and the TSSAA to present these exciting championships games.” All football state championship games will broadcast LIVE from Tennessee Tech University on the Tennessee Public Television Council stations.
The matchups and broadcast times for the 2011 BlueCross Bowl are:
• Division II, Class A 3:30 p.m. – St. George’s Independent School (10-3) vs. University School of Jackson (11-1)
• Division II, Class AA 7 p.m. – Ensworth School (11-1) vs. Baylor School (11-1)
• Division I, Class 1A 12 p.m. – South Pittsburg High School (13-1) vs. Wayne County High School (13-1)
• Division I, Class 3A 3:30 p.m. – Milan High School (13-1) vs. Christian Academy of Knoxville (12-2)
• Division I, Class 5A 7 p.m. – Henry County High School (14-0) vs. Powell High School (14-0)
• Division I, Class 2A 12 p.m. – Dresden High School (12-2) vs. Friendship Christian School (11-3)
• Division I, Class 4A 3:30 p.m. – Maplewood High School (12-3) vs. Greeneville High School (13-1)
• Division I, Class 6A 7 p.m. – Whitehaven High School (14-0) vs. Maryville High School (14-0)
The 2011 BlueCross Bowl championship games are presented by the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA), BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, the Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office, the Cookeville-Putnam County Chamber of Commerce, Tennessee Tech University and the TSSAA Network. Follow the action on Twitter and join the conversation by following #BCBowl. Copies of the games will be available by calling WLJT at 800-366-9558 or 881-7561.