McKenzie Medical Center provides big-city benefits
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:37 am
McKenzie Medical Center (MMC) recently opened an addition to its current facility, adding 40,000 square feet to its main building to create a 67,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility. As a result of this addition ,MMC is able to offer its rural community big city benefits such as:
• Over 75 jobs created for a county with a 12.8 percent unemployment rate. In total they have 300 employees.
• Despite economy hardships, MMC has never once laid off an employee for lack of work.
• Because of the providers, an additional 700-plus people in the area have employment (nursing homes, hospitals, home health, pharmacies, etc).
• They see an average of 350 patients per day.
•They have always accepted every form of TN Care and over 18 percent of patients are self pay.
• Convenience in health care with most services under one roof, including full-time specialists: OB-GYN, general surgeon, urologist, internal medicine, pediatrician and radiologist. visiting specialists include: podiatrist, cardiologist, nephrologist and more to come.
• No need to drive long distances for quality service: Full spectrum of diagnostics – including Carroll County’s first MRI; full service lab; OB department; pediatrics; diabetic Clinic and more.
• The 1.2T Oasis Open MRI is one of 50 in the nation. It provides high quality images in less time in an open design that takes the fear of claustrophobia out of getting an MRI.
• They have delivered over 14,000 babies at McKenzie Hospital, while having a C-section rate well below the national average.
•One of the few clinics in West Tennessee to offer Water Immersion Labor & Delivery – enabling mothers to deliver in an undisturbed, natural way.
The center is planning an open house Dec. 4 from 2-4 p.m. and invites the public to come out and view the new addition and meet the staff.