Fire damages apartment

Fire damages apartment

Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:50 pm

The Messenger, November 23, 2011

An apartment at a Union City complex was damaged by fire Tuesday night.
The fire was reported at 8:25 p.m. at an apartment occupied by Angela Murrell at East Gate Village Apartments at 537 Nash St., according to a Union City Fire Department report.
Smoke and fire were coming from a first-floor window when firefighters arrived on the scene, but they were able to quickly control it and stop it from spreading.
No one was home when the fire broke out. The fire department reported a dog which was rescued from a bedroom of the apartment later died.
A cause for the fire was not given.
Firefighters remained on the scene until shortly before 10 p.m.

Leave a Comment