Peanut butter recalled
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:01 pm
The J.M. Smucker Co. has announced a limited voluntary recall on two specific Best-If-Used-By dates of 16-ounce Smucker’s® Natural Peanut Butter Chunky because it may be contaminated with salmonella, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems.
The affected product, which is packaged in 16-ounce jars, is as follows:
• UPC: 5150001701 (located on the side of the jar’s label below the bar code)
• Production Codes: 1307004 and 1308004
• Best-If-Used-By dates: Aug. 3, 2012 and Aug. 4, 2012
• Chunky product only (not creamy)
• Impacted product would have been purchased between Nov. 8-17, 2011
No other products of The J.M. Smucker Co. are affected by this recall.
No illnesses related to this issue have been reported and the product is being recalled out of an abundance of caution for consumer safety.
Consumers who have purchased Best-If-Used-By dates products are urged to discard it immediately and call the company at 1-888-550-9555 for a replacement coupon.
Published in The Messenger 11.22.11