Funds ready for utility bill help

Funds ready for utility bill help
Martin Housing Authority announces that funds remain available to assist needy Weakley County residents with their utility bills.
Under a grant received through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), residents who are having difficulties paying their gas, water/sewer or electric bills could get temporary relief if they meet certain eligibility requirements.
The funds are designated to provide assistance to families who have not received similar assistance from other programs and can demonstrate a need for the help to prevent the disconnection of utility services to their dwelling unit.
Funds are available through Dec. 31 or until they are fully expended.
Interested parties should complete an application that is available at the Martin Housing Authority office on 134 East Heights Drive in Martin or on the website, provide documentation of family income status and provide the original utility bill in the applicant’s name that includes consumption.
If the family is deemed eligible for assistance, a check will be made out directly to the utility company.
For more information, call Mandy Bratcher, case manager, at 587-3186 ext. 227.
Email Bratcher at

WCP 11.10.11

Leave a Comment