God … He is God!
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:54 pm
The Messenger, November 10, 2011
We are living in a time when people are living in fear of crime, fear of economic collapse, fear of disease, class warfare and political division.
There are a few things that I meditate on that help me keep it all in the right perspective and they will work for you as well.
1. God is alive and well and still on the throne.
2. God is still at work in my life. It was Benjamin Franklin, a signer of the Declaration of Independence that said, “God governs the affairs of man!”
3. I am not the victim of circumstance or chance, I am a child of the Living God.
4. Regardless of who holds a political office, they are not my source, God is the One I look to. He will take care of my needs, not the government.
5. God’s Word gives me this promise; You will keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is steadfast on Him, because he trusts in You.
I’m still trusting in God. I’m still living under the premise that God is directing my steps. I’m still embracing the idea that if I will acknowledge Him, He will make my paths straight.
That’s not to say we are resigned to live with our heads in the clouds or buried in the sand. It’s simply living with the mindset that God is the God of whatever I need. Regardless of how impossible the situation may seem, God is God.
Rev. Tommy Hall
Union City First Assembly of God