Skip to content

Lab named after alumni

Lab named after alumni
Lab named after alumni | John Clendenin, Robert Clendenin, Martha Clendenin, Bob Clendenin, Phillip Clendenin, UT Martin, Robert E. and Martha P. Clendenin Laboratory

Pictured are (from left) John Clendenin, Robert Clendenin, Martha Clendenin, Bob Clendenin and Phillip Clendenin.
The University of Tennessee at Martin recently honored Robert and Martha Clendenin of Union City by naming a laboratory in their honor. The “Robert E. and Martha P. Clendenin Laboratory” is housed in the Johnson EPS Building on the UT Martin campus.
Robert and Martha Clendenin began a family tradition of attending UT Martin.  He completed his time at UT Martin in 1958 before attending UT Medical School.  Martha completed her studies in 1957.  The couple has three children.  Robert E. Clendenin III of Franklin graduated from UT Martin in 1983 before attending UT Medical School.  Phillip A. Clendenin of Vicksburg, Miss., graduated from UT Martin in 1986. John T. Clendenin of Union City graduated from UT Martin in 1989.
The Clendenin children have given gifts to establish an endowment in their parents’ honor.
The endowment income will benefit the departments of chemistry and physics and biological sciences. Additionally,Robert and Martha Clendenin have been loyal donors to the university, with 37 years of giving.

WCP 10.04.11

Leave a Comment