Places to go and people to see
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 8:01 pm
• Relays for Life for Weakley County:
Friday, June 3 – Weakley Relay South in Greenfield
Friday, June 10 – Weakley Relay West for Martin and Sharon
Friday, June 17 – Weakley Relay East for Dresden and Gleason
• The Union City Masquerade Theater will open its production of Meredith Willson’s “The Music Man” on May 27 at the Capitol Theater in Union City (120 S. First St.).
The show will run three weekends on May 27-29, June 3-5 and June 10-12. All Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday matinees begin at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 and are available at Lanzer’s. You may also call the box office at 731-885-0651.
• Sons of Thunder presents Charlotte’s Children Poker Run on Saturday, May 21.
Registration starts at 9 a.m. at Richie and Reggie’s in Dresden and bikes are out from 10-10:30 a.m. ending at The Finish Line in Gleason across from the drag strip. The cost is $10 per bike and $5 per additional hand.
There will be prizes for the best and worst hand and food will be available for purchase at both start and finish points. There will be a live auction at the end of the run when all bikes come in (estimated time 2:30-3 p.m.).
All proceeds will benefit the children of Charlotte Puckett.
• University of Tennessee at Martin Events:
1) June 9 – Thom Hannum, Mobile Percussion Seminar – for individuals of all ages, both front ensemble and battery
UTM Boling University Center, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Registration form (to Amro Music) and event details may be downloaded at www.utm.edu/percussion on the home page.
2) June 21 – DCI Sounds of Summer Competition
UTM Hardy Graham Stadium
Cavaliers Clinic in the Afternoon
Registration form and event details may be downloaded at www.utm.edu/percussion on the home page.
3) August 27 – 7th Annual Drum Line Tune Up Day – for high school percussion sections
UTM Boling University Center – All Day
Contact Julie Hill at email@example.com to register (first come, first served)