Wilkinson booted from ‘Dancing’ ballroom
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:01 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Reality star Kendra Wilkinson now has one less reality show to report to.
The former Girl Next Door, who now appears in her own namesake series, was dismissed Tuesday from “Dancing With the Stars.”
“I’ve lasted seven weeks, seven weeks longer than I ever thought I would last,” Wilkinson said after learning her fate. She thanked her professional dance partner, Louis Van Amstel, and her husband, football star Hank Baskett, for their support, and promised her baby son she would be home soon.
“Baby Hank, I’m coming home for you,” she said. “I’m not the best dancer, but I am the best mom.”
Wilkinson earned praise from the judges on Monday’s episode for a tango that one called “nothing but sophistication, elegance, and confidence,” but viewers failed to keep the former Playboy model in the contest.
Judges’ scores are combined with viewer votes to determine which celebrity is ousted each week. Wilkinson joins previously dismissed dancers Chris Jericho, Sugar Ray Leonard, Wendy Williams, Mike Catherwood and Petra Nemcova.
Tuesday’s episode also featured various music and dance performances. Nicki Minaj rapped her hit “Moment 4 Life”; James Blunt sang his new single, “I’ll Be Your Man”; and Wayne Brady sang a medley of James Brown hits to honor what would have been the Godfather of Soul’s 78th birthday.
The remaining contestants — Kirstie Alley, Ralph Macchio, Chelsea Kane, Hines Ward and Romeo — will each perform two dances next week.
Published in The Messenger 5.4.11