County meeting set
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:47 am
The Messenger, April 26, 2011
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the basement conference room at the Obion County Courthouse.
The committee will be discussing the following items:
• information about contracts for the farmland at Everett-Stewart Regional Airport;
• information about early retirement incentives for the Board of Education;
• release of the 2009 county taxes;
• a request for a line item transfer for the University of Tennessee Extension Service ($1,728);
• a resolution to amend the General Fund for the trustee’s computer equipment ($6,815);
• a resolution to authorize an application for a litter and trash collecting grant for fiscal year 2011-12;
• a resolution to adopt a continuing budget and tax rate for the fiscal year beginning July 1;
• information about a grant available through Inspection Solutions;
• information about the capital outlay note approved March 21;
• a financial report for the indigent care trust fund;
• approval of a surety bond for Highway Superintendent Gary Lofton;
• a list of Notary Public applications;
• any other matter presented before the committee.
Appointments to boards and committees include:
• Library Board (now serving, Brenda Baker);
• Regional Library Board (now serving, Mike Cox);
• Nursing Home Board (now serving, Janis Lacewell, Dr. Bobby Williams, Tracey Batey, Earnest Daniels, Timmy Gant, Rev. Terry Council and Sonny Yarbrough);
• West Tennessee Railroad Authority (now serving, Art Chivers and Obion County Mayor Benny McGuire)
The meeting is open to the public.