|TCAP testing begins next week in schools |
|Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 12:34 pm |
|It is testing time again. All Weakley County school students in grades 1 through 8 will be taking the State TCAP test beginning next week. Students in grades 3 through 8 will take the state-mandated test while students in grades one and two will be taking the SAT 10 Achievement Test. |
The testing dates and schedule are as follows:
• Thursday, April 14: Reading/Language Arts
• Friday, April 15: Mathematics
• Monday, April 18: Science
• Tuesday, April 19: Social Studies
Director of schools Randy Frazier and district testing coordinator Jeff Kelley want to remind students and parents of the importance of students doing their best on these tests.
“These test results are a reflection of our students as individuals, our schools, our system and our community as a whole,” Frazier commented.
“We need and appreciate the support of parents in making sure our students do their best,” Kelley added.
Principals, teachers, building testing coordinators and central office staff also want to remind students and parents of these very important factors during TCAP Testing:
1. Be at school. Attendance at school during TCAP is extremely important.
2. Get a good night’s sleep each night during testing.
3. Eat a good breakfast each morning. Free breakfast is provided at school.
4. Concentrate and give your best effort each day.