Places to go, people to see
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 8:02 pm
• The Martin Rotary Club will be holding an event not to be missed on Friday, April 8. Come and see UT Martin faculty and community members perform onstage as musical celebrities at the Rotary Sing-Alike. Admission is $5 and the event will begin at 7 p.m. in the Watkins Auditorium of the Boling University Center at the UT Martin.
• The Sharon Library will be holding an open house from 2-4 on Sunday, April 9 and will be featuring Sharon’s own Ezra Howard, one of the last living WWII buffalo soldiers.
• Fiddlesticks Festival in Greenfield – April 13-16.
• UT Martin Rodeo begins April 14 at the Ned R. McWherter Agricultural Complex on the UT Martin campus. Yeehaw!
• 25th annual Easter Egg Hunt – 11-a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, April 16 at the Martin Recreation Complex.
• Book the St. Louis mini vacation Relay for Life overnight fund raising trip by April 1 and save $20. The Gray Lines motor coach will leave from downtown Martin on Thursday morning, April 26 and return on Friday evening, May 27.
The trip includes several St. Louis attractions including a lunch time sightseeing riverboat cruise on the Mississippi River. The price includes admissions to the attractions, overnight accommodations at a downtown hotel, three meals and transportation. As always, a donation to the West Weakley Relay for Life is included in the price.
This trip features a special price for kids. For more info, prices or a brochure call 731-587-4949. If no answer, please leave a message.
• Iris Festival in Dresden – April 30-May 7.
The Friends of the Weakley County Library will be holding their annual yard sale on the front lawn of the library, Saturday, April 30 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. to coincide with the Dresden City-wide yard sale.
Miscellaneous items including books, DVDs, pictures and other household items will be sold as well as refreshments. Members of the Friends of the Library and community members are invited to donate items for sale with the exception of clothing.
• At The Looking Glass in downtown Martin:
April 1 – Literary Open Mic Night featuring Bill Brown.
Author Bob Cowser, Jr. will sign copies of his book, “Green Fields”, on April 2. Books will be available for purchase and Cowser will begin signing at 1 p.m.
Friday, April 8 – Satellite Octopus
Friday, April 15 – Todd Albert photography exhibit