County meeting set
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:19 pm
The Messenger, March 29, 2011
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the basement conference room at the Obion County Courthouse.
The committee will be discussing the following items:
• a budget presentation related to the University of Tennessee Extension Service;
• a request from the Election Commission for two budget transfers ($500 and $1,500);
• a request from the Solid Waste Board for three budget transfers ($877, $125 and $523);
• a request concerning property owned by Habitat for Humanity;
• the appointment of a County Reapportionment Committee;
• a list of notary public applications;
• any other matter presented before the committee.
Boards and committees to be considered include:
• Library Board (now serving, Brenda Baker);
• Regional Library Board (now serving, Mike Cox);
• Nursing Home Board (now serving, Janis Lacewell, Dr. Bobby Williams, Tracey Batey, Earnest Daniels, Timmy Gant, the Rev. Terry Council and Sonny Yarbrough);
• West Tennessee Railroad Authority (now serving, Art Chivers and Obion County Mayor Benny McGuire).
The meeting is open to the public.