The Lions’ Den plans grand opening Monday
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:03 am
Students, parents, faculty and other community members are invited to attend the grand opening of a new school store at Dresden Middle School – the Lions’ Den.
The Lions’ Den is a store run by DMS students. It will offer various items that have been donated to the school by individuals and businesses or purchased through fundraising activities. Students at DMS earn Dresden Bucks through good behavior, outstanding character, consistent participation and many other ways.
The Dresden Bucks are then deposited by the students into their DMS checking account and when students are ready, they can shop in the store and purchase the items they way.
Goals for the Lions’ Den include:
• Encourage participation and good behavior;
• Reward students for hard work;
• Increase academic achievement;
• Teach banking and shopping skills;
• Enable students who work in the store to gain job skills;
• Foster a sense of ownership of learning and behavior;
• Grant the ability to purchase needed items rather than having to ask for them.
The grand opening of the store will be held from 7:50-8:30 a.m. on Monday, March 28 at the Dresden Middle School.