REED Center offers Quickbooks classes
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:02 pm
Quickbooks BASIC/BEGINNING course: Tuesday, April 26, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m, with a break for lunch.
Quickbooks has been a leading accounting software for small businesses for many years due to its powerful, yet user-friendly features. Through the Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC) Quickbook basic training course you will learn how to properly set up and run Quickbooks to fit your business needs. Topics include:
• Accounting basics (define and understand terms such as debits, credits, assets, liabilities, equity, income statement, balance sheet)
• Set up of your business on Quickbooks (develop chart of accounts, bank accounts, etc)
• Working with bank accounts (write checks, record deposits, reconcile)
• Recording sales and receiving payments
• Entering and paying vendor bills
Quickbooks INTERMEDIATE course: Thursday, May 5, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., break for lunch.
Quickbooks has been a leading accounting software for small businesses for many years due to its powerful, yet user-friendly features. Through the Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC) Quickbooks intermediate training course you will learn how to take your Quickbooks to a deeper level by customizing it more to your preferences and needs. Topics include:
• Setting preferences
• Doing payroll
• Paying payroll taxes
• Setting up inventory
• Tracking and paying sales tax
• Creating estimates and tracking time
• Creating reports and understanding financial data
Fee is $75 for each and is paid at time of registration. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express accepted.
Reserve your spot by calling the REED Center at 731-587-7333 or by contacting instructor Elizabeth Tribble directly at 615-294-0511.