At the college level
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:18 am
The Messenger 01.26.11
Kevin B. Espy and Aury S. Kangelos, both of Union City, and Julie M. Farrar of Kenton were named to the Dean’s List for the fall semester at the University of Memphis.
Students on the list met one of the following criteria for the semester: completion of six to eight graded hours with a semester grade point average of 4.00; completion of nine to 11 graded hours with a minimum GPA of 3.66; or completion of 12 or more graded hours with a semester GPA of 3.5 or above.
— — —
Thirteen students from Obion County earned academic honors by being named to the Dean’s List for the fall term at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.
Students whose term average was 3.8 through 4.0 earned summa cum laude. Those who made 3.65 through 3.79 earned magna cum laude, while those with a grade average of 3.5 through 3.64 earned cum laude.
The honorees, listed by hometown, included:
• Union City — Anna Appleton, cum laude; Katie Donaldson, summa cum laude; Paige Fisher, cum laude; Caroline Kirkland, cum laude; William Reese, magna cum laude; William Regan, cum laude; Lindsay Smith, cum laude; Elizabeth Storey, summa cum laude; and Anna White, magna cum laude.
• Troy — James Marlowe, summa cum laude; Matthew Moore, summa cum laude; and Tharon Snuggs, magna cum laude.
• South Fulton — Matthew McKinney, summa cum laude.
— — —
Several Obion County students were honored for scholastic achievements at Dyersburg State Community College by being named to the Dean’s List or honor roll for the fall semester.
To be included on the DSCC Dean’s List, a student must have completed at least 12 semester hours of college-level courses during the semester and earned a grade point average of 3.5 or higher for the semester.
Among those named to the Dean’s List were:
• Hornbeak — Jade Moffitt.
• Obion — Maria Rodriguez.
• South Fulton — Jessica Swinford.
• Troy — Michael Quinton, Jordan Barker, Aubri Henderson, Andrew Kelly, Kisha Kelly and Whitney Davis.
• Union City — Matthew Webb, Carroll Elam, Elizabeth Hammersley, James Heathcott, Joshua Hudson and Travis Ferrell.
To be included on the honor roll at Dyersburg State, a student must have completed at least 12 semester hours of college-level courses during the semester and earned a grade point average between 3.0-3.49 during the semester.
Students named to the honor roll included:
• Hornbeak — Brandy Orr.
• Obion — Michael Parsons and Randy Lee.
• South Fulton — Britany Potts.
• Troy — Chelsea Guy, Amberly Fussell, Kacee Eaves and John Green.
• Union City — Tracy Clark, Chantella Jackson, Rachel Berry, Ashley Marshall, Ashley Prince, Travis Daniel and Casey Russell.
, , ,