County meeting set
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:14 pm
The Messenger, September 28, 2010
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the basement conference room at the Obion County Courthouse.
The committee will be discussing the following items:
• consideration of an interlocal agreement for county-wide fire protection;
• report from the Hudgins Road study committee;
• approval of the renewal of the Industrial Board’s Spec Building Promissory Note and Agreement;
• line item budget transfers for the University of Tennessee Extension Service and the County Commission;
• approval of a resolution to apply for USDA Rural Development grant funds in the amount of $2,883 for the Obion County Public Library;
• consideration of Notary Public applications;
• other items brought before the committee.
Boards and committees to be considered for the November term include:
• Everett-Stewart Regional Airport Board (now serving, Dr. Chris Gooch and David James) with appointments to take effect Dec. 1;
• Civil Service Board (now serving, Donnie Noles);
The meeting will be open to the public.
All members are urged to attend, a spokesman said.