UT committees to meet
Posted: Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:00 pm
The Messenger, September 7, 2010
The University of Tennessee Board of Trustee’s Trusteeship Committee and the board’s Executive and Compensation Committee will meet Friday in Nashville.
The Trusteeship Committee will meet at 9 a.m. and the Executive and Compensation Committee will follow at 11. Both meetings will be held at the offices of Bradley, Arant, Boult, Cummings at 1600 Division St., Suite 700.
Trusteeship Committee agenda items include:
• Discussion of student trustee independent study in higher education governance
• Action on bylaw amendments concerning chief internal auditor
• Board portal demonstration
Executive and Compensation Committee agenda items include:
• Discussion of initial priorities for the next president
• Action on Presidential Search Committee’s recommendation concerning number of nominees to be presented to the board
• Grant of tenure to two UT Knoxville faculty members and one UT Chattanooga faculty member
• Approval of amendment of lease and transfer agreement with University Health System Inc., fee owner recognition agreement and declaration of easements and restrictions
• Planning for annual meeting of the board and setting dates for 2011 committee meetings
For more information about the board, visit http://bot.tennessee.edu/.
Any individual with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact one of the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by e-mail, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 4 p.m. Wednesday.