Street fair to celebrate people, programs, impacts
Posted: Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:01 pm
KNOXVILLE — On Sept. 25, the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture will celebrate one of its most-loved events — Ag Day, the annual street fair for alumni and friends.
“To us, it’s a chance to share our people, programs and passion with some of our most important supporters,” says Dr. Joseph A. DiPietro, chancellor of Agriculture for UT.
The fun starts on the agricultural campus in Knoxville four hours before game time, as the Vols take on University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Things to be found at Ag Day:
• Departmental displays and exhibits
• Insect petting zoo
• Live music
• Current and retired professors of agriculture, natural resources and veterinary medicine
• A visit from UT’s mascot Smokey
• Antique tractor display
• Free popcorn and ice cream
• A meal available for purchase from the Student Livestock Association
• Information on the Tennessee Bioenergy Programs
• Walking tours of the College of Veterinary Medicine and UT Gardens
• Moonwalk, face painting and balloon art
• And much more!
There will also be giveaways and t-shirts available for purchase. Ag Day takes place on the agricultural campus on E.J. Chapman drive, north of Joe Johnson Drive.
Published in The Messenger 9.7.10