Cultural Skills Day set in Jackson
Posted: Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:01 pm
The University of Tennessee Extension Service is planning Cultural Skills Day on Sept. 15 at the West Tennessee Research and Education Center, located at 605 Airways Blvd. in Jackson.
A variety of classes will be held throughout the day for a fee. Registration forms with a check for the class local residents are requesting must be sent to UT Extension Cultural Skills Day, c/o Gwen Joyner, P.O. Box 397, Huntingdon, TN 38344 before Sunday in order to avoid a $5 late registration charge.
The Madison County 4-H Chicken Shack will provide lunch for $10. This will include chicken, slaw, chips, bread, drink and dessert. For those wishing to partake of the lunch, payment must be sent with the registration form. Those who do not order lunch are asked to bring a sack lunch.
For more information about the event, who is teaching the following classes and what to bring, call Obion County UT Extension agent Benita Giffin at 885-3742.
• Recycled Christmas Card 3-D star, $5
• Gorgeous Grannies Crochet, $6
• Coat Hanger Christmas Tree, $13
• Glass Etching, $10
• Splint Seat Weaving, $16
• Copper Enameling. $23
• Locker Hooking, $11
• Market Basket, $26
• Mystery Quilt, $6
Half-day sessions, 9 a.m. until noon
• Stained Glass Stepping Stone, $31
• Acrylic Painting, Bayou Beauty, $26
• Holiday Extravaganza I, $12
• Triangle Weaving, $26
• Fabric Art, $7
• Beauty on a Budget, $16
• Two Drop Peyote Beaded Bracelet, $16
• Toad Houses for Gardens, $7
Half-Day sessions, 12:30-3 p.m.
• Acrylic Painting, Peaceful River, $26
• Herbal Soaps, $16
• Holiday Extravaganza II, $12
• Felting, $21
• Tooth Fairy Box, $7
• Fancy Daisy Beaded Bracelet, $16
• Put the Metal to the Petal, Flower Pounding, $3.
Published in The Messenger 9.2.10