|United Way names Deal to board of directors
|Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 2:14 pm
|WCP 8.26.10 United Way of West Tennessee announced the appointment of the eight new members to the West Tennessee Board of Directors as well as the election of the 2010-2011 Officers.
UT Martin Assistant Vice Chancellor Charley Deal was among the eight new members on the non-profit’s board of directors.
The board of directors officially began their three-year term on Aug. 1 and include:
• Charley Deal, Assistant Vice Chancellor at UTM
• Allen Hester, president & CEO of Dyersburg/Dyer County Chamber
• Craig Kennedy, Attorney with Duesner & Kennedy
• Lisa Koester, Human Resource Manager at Procter & Gamble
• Andrea Litz, Human Resource Director at Monogram Refrigeration
• Dr. Mary Reel, Director of Schools for Milan Special School District
• Franklin Smith, Mayor of Haywood County
• Dr. Nancy Zambito, Superintendent of Jackson-Madison County School Systems.
The 2010-2011 executive committee and board officers for United Way of West Tennessee are:
• Chairman of the Board – David Hayes, president of Security Bank in Dyersburg
• Vice Chair of Campaign – Jeff Agee, president of First Citizens National Bank in Dyersburg
• Vice Chair of Community Impact – Steve Grubbs, chief executive officer of Jackson Regional Hospital,
• Vice Chair of Finance – Gary Grisham, president of BancorpSouth in Jackson
• Vice Chair of Outreach – Alice Barron, EVP/ Chief Information Officer of First State Bank
• Endowment Chairman – Mike Philpot, Executive Director of West Tennessee Industrial Assoc.
• Secretary – Ralph Jones III, president of Jones Companies LTD
• Part Board Chair – Dr. Karen Bowyer, president of Dyersburg State Community College
The United Way of West Tennessee is a local, volunteer-driven organization that focuses on uniting people and resources to build a stronger, healthier community specifically in the areas of income, education and health.
United Way of West Tennessee serves 14 counties, which include Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Gibson, Hardeman, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Madison, McNairy and Weakley Counties.
To find out more information about the organization and how to help with its efforts, call (731) 422-1816 or visit United Way of West Tennessee’s website, www.unitedway.tn.org.